Press play below to listen to the episode:
Back in July 2020, there was an uptick in honest conversations around the sex trafficking of youth.
There were social media campaigns, marches and exposés coordinated to raise awareness.
But I wanted to find a way to move this discussion beyond a hashtag, a shirt color, a social media post.
I wanted to uncover practical ways that we can affect long-lasting change in the fight to free youth from sex trafficking.
So, I asked you to submit your burning questions about this cause, and then I reached out to Traffick911, the only child sex trafficking advocacy agency serving all of North Texas, to help me answer them.
In Ep. 063, I sit down with Traffick911 Voice & Choice Community Program Coordinator, April Barker, and she shares:
- How sex trafficking is a symptom of relational brokenness
- 3 steps to help prevent more children from being exploited
- Trafficking signs to look out for and what to do when you spot them
- How parents can coach their kids to be safe online
- How to determine which advocacy organizations are actually trustworthy
And so. much. more. Go ahead, and press play to tune in to this POWERFUL episode. Trust me, you won’t want to miss it.
Join the conversation: what’s something new you learned from listening to this episode?
Many thanks to DRAM Apothecary for sponsoring this episode! USE CODE ‘YHM’ FOR 20% OFF YOUR FIRST DRAM ORDER